1. Place vanilla wafer crumbs and 3 tablespoons (45 mL) sugar in a large bowl.
2. Stir together until evenly blended. Using a fork, stir in melted Lactantia Unsalted
Butter. Press mixture onto bottom of a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan. Refrigerate
while preparing filling.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). To prepare filling, cut Lactantia Original Cream
Cheese into small cubes. Place in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until
cheese is smooth. Gradually beat in 2/3 cup (150 mL) sugar.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Beat in vanilla, salt and
lemon juice. Fold in chopped ginger, if using.
5. Pour batter into pan and smooth top. Bake in middle of preheated oven until
cheesecake is almost set when jiggled, about 45 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and immediately run a knife around edge of pan to help prevent
cracking. Cool in pan on a rack.
7. When cheesecake has completely cooled, place dark and white chocolate in two
separate small bowls. Heat chocolate in a double boiler or in microwave, stirring
often, until completely melted.
8. Using the tines of a fork, drizzle chocolate in a decorative pattern, such as a lattice
over cheesecake. Or, cut cheesecake into individual wedges and place on serving plates.
9. Drizzle chocolate over each plate and garnish with fresh berries.
August 1, 2016
You are now leaving the Parmalat Foodservice website. Click on the link below to continue, or you may select cancel.