4×8 oz (250g)Lactantia Original Cream Cheese, at room temperature
1 cupgranulated sugar
2 tbspfinely grated orange peel
1/4 cuporange-flavoured liquor
1 cupdried cranberries (optional)
3/4 cupLactantia 35% Cream
1 tbsporange-flavoured liqueur
4 ozbittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate
3 tbsp Lactantia Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly spray a 9-inch (23-cm) spring form pan
with vegetable oil. In a food processor, whirl flour with icing sugar.
Cut Lactantia Butter into large chunks, then pulse into flour just until mixture
begins to come together. Or place flour and icing sugar in a medium-size bowl. Cut
in butter just until mixture resembles small bread crumbs. Turn mixture into pan.
Press evenly into a thin layer over bottom of pan. Bake in lower part of preheated
oven, until golden, from 18 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place Lactantia Original or Light Cream Cheese in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Scrape
down sides of bowl to ensure even mixing. Beat in orange peel and vanilla. Crack
in eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down sides of bowl after each
addition. Stir in liqueur and cranberries just until mixed.
3. Pour mixture over baked crust. It will fill almost to the top of the pan. Smooth top.
Bake in lower part of oven for 20 minutes. Then reduce oven temperature to
300°F (150°C). Continue baking just until centre is almost set, for 1-1/4 more
4. Turn off oven and leave door open. Let cheesecake slowly cool in oven for 45
minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven, then run a knife around edge to help
prevent cracking. Refrigerate, uncovered, at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
5. Prepare the sauce up to 2 hours before serving. Pour Lactantia 35% Cream and
liqueur, if using, into a small saucepan. Bring up to a boil, stirring occasionally,
over medium-high heat. Finely chop chocolate and place in a medium-sized bowl.
Pour hot cream mixture overtop and stir well until chocolate has completely
melted. Stir in Lactantia Butter until smooth. Slice cake into thin wedges. Drizzle
a few spoonfuls of warm chocolate sauce over each piece.
August 1, 2016
Creamy Orange-Cranberry Cheesecake
You are now leaving the Parmalat Foodservice website. Click on the link below to continue, or you may select cancel.